Quarter 4 Final Review


Quarter 4 Project- The Weli Plant
About the Project
During quarter 4 of the 2017-2018 year, I was paired up with 3 other people. We were asked to create a product the we could "sell" to people. My group and I came up with a product called the Weli Plant. The Weli Plant is a genetically engineered plant that scares off or frightens extroverts. It does a variety of this to do so, some examples are barking, growling, and screaming. Overall the product did not take all of 4th quarter. We rotated every 7 days and each time we rotated, we got a little instruction from each of the teachers. If I had to guess the product took about 3 weeks to complete. There were some challenges the group faced through out the process. One challenge was the animation disappearing. It got saved to the wrong folder and we could not find it. Eventually we found it and everything was all good. Another challenge I personally faced was my other group members not staying on task. Some days people were watching documentaries the whole hour and others were messing with the people across from them. I fixed the problem by asking them to do one thing or finish another and they would usually do it. I learned how to work with people who don't feel like working, finding lost files in our server, and several other things.
 I got some feed back that was given to me for my video, originally Grace's voice was cut off in the beginning and the transitions weren't to hot, Mrs. Zimmerly, gave me feed back andI fixed the problems. I changed the transitions and repositioned the video so Grace's voice wasn't cut off. My overallll opinion of the 4th quarter project was god. I had fun and learned a lot. This product teaches you how to work with people you might not get along with and how to get around those obstacles.
How I Used Class Time
Some activities I completed during class tine was the video and the website. I also did a little of everything else but those were my two main points. With the time remaining after i finished my assigned tasks, I helped other people with there parts. I also asked for feedback on my video and fixed the things that were pointed out. Out of class time, my family and I purchased a Venus Fly Trap to use in the video, I also came into power 50 with Cole to work on the video and website a couple of times. 
What Are my Strengths
In my opinion, my strengths that have improved over the year are in website and video production. In the beginning, I had no idea how to create a website, or even use blogger. In the year I have created several websites and changed them as I've learned more. In video production, I have learned how to use premier pro and how to a


dd and edit music. I have learned hoe the change the audio gain and several other things. 
Where do I Need to Improve
I need to improve in animation, I am not the best at using Sketch Up or creating a 2D animation. 
Summary 
The thing I loved this quarter was seeing all the products evolve from nothing to a product we could sell in stores. 
It is cool how 4 peoples minds are so different and then all of them come together to make a product that you could never see coming out of someones mind. Something I would change is the colors of the website and to be more organized, so we don't loose anything again... My take-away from this quarter is, everyones different and everyone has different mind perspectives but if you all come together, you can create really cool things. One goal I would like to set for next year is to keep leaning new things in the website and video strands. My final thought on this project is, its a really good learning experience and a good way to show everything you've learned over the year. 

























Comments

Popular Posts