Sketch Up House

The Project
In this project I was assigned the task to make a house in the app sketch-up. I learned how to use sketch-up and all the tools in it. I was told to go to houseplant.com and find a house design I liked.

The Process
In the beginning I wanted t do a HUGE house, when I started looking at designs and my choice of houses, I realized that making a huge house would be very hard. I settled on a house that is 576sq/ft. It was one floor and was very basic. I started using sketch-up after I found the house. I started with a squared, I started cutting out all the bits the needed to be cut out. I started making a stairwell and and thats what I struggled with the most. I couldn't get the rods to be the same side or the railing be equal. I finally figured it out and finished off the final details.

What I learned
I learned the whole sketch-up system. When I started this project I had no idea that sketch-up existed. I learned how to made a door and a window and especially a staircase.

My thoughts
All through this project I struggled. I kept clicking the wrong tool or eased something I didn't want to. Overall I think this project turned out well and if I had to do it again I would change the design of the actual house
roof textile
siding textile
floor design
final house


Comments

Popular Posts